I posted photos of my great-nephew, Griffyn a couple of days ago and so the first Easter card I made was for him.
This will be Griffyn's first Easter and I thought a card was in order. The inside of the cards says, Have a joyous Easter.
The card below is for a friend. Inside it says, Green in the treetops, tiny pink blooms, Fresh air and sunshine refreshing the rooms.. Warmhearted feelings and gratefulness too. It's all part of springtime and thinking of you.
Then I made one for my brother and his wife. I will send the same one to my sister and her husband. All of these cards will be personalized. The verse inside this cards says, Happy Easter to you two birds of a feather. So that is what I was doing today. I enjoyed being a little creative. I have more cards to make for Easter but decided I'd better give up for today.
Today we had more wacky weather. It's been icing most of the day. The schools were closed, which made all the kids happy. There has been a lot of snow days this year. Sometimes we don't get any and in the last two weeks there's been two. I wouldn't be surprised if the schools are all closed again tomorrow. It is still storming at almost 10 pm. The world looks pretty, but roads and sidewalks sure are slick.
My apologies to Brandy at Mommy's Quiet Spot. Brandy won my Valentine giveaway and yesterday I told all my readers that Brandy had delivered a beautiful baby. Well, the baby isn't Brandy's. It is her friend Emily's baby. My sincere apologies Brandy. I'm sorry for the confusion.
I haven't participated in Thankful Thursday for a while. I always seem to forget until my post is done. I am certainly thankful for many things in my life. Here are a few of them:
1. Thankful that I still have my mother with me. She is 80 years old and in fairly good health. She has been having some problems with congested lungs the last year, but she never lets it keep her down. I lost Dad in 1981 and will be lost when Mom goes to be with her Lord.
2. I am thankful that my oldest grandson is high functioning autistic. His disorder could have been much worse.
3. I'm thankful for a roof over my head, a paid gas bill so I can be warm and food in the cupboard and refrigerator. Some are not so lucky.
4. I'm thankful that I have talents that I can use to create pretty things and write stories about my life.
5. For friends both online, locally and abroad. Friends are a very important part of life. I've been blessed with many and have made so many more through my blog. May each of you be blessed.
6. Thankful that all my blogging friends and other friends who live in Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas are safe.
If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting My Heart.
Not much other news from here. I'm staying in where it's warm and cozy. I do have to take Meeko out for his nightly walk, but will be very careful. If it's too bad, I will leave him for my husband to take. I don't want to be falling and injuring my knees again this year. Been there and done that last year.
Take care and please remember to do a kind deed today. Kindness brings hope. ~Blessings, Mary~