Thursday, January 17

Update on Fall

Some have been asking how I'm doing after the fall. I'm still in a lot of pain. The tailbone is excruciating and my right leg and hip is killing me. I've cut down on the pain pills a little because they were messing with my stomach. However, I'm not sleeping well and have trouble sitting for long periods of time. I also can't stand in one spot for long so it's a difficult time all around.

As I think back on that fall, I'm lucky I didn't break my neck, back or worse. Those stairs are really dangerous. They had moss on them and it was raining and slippery. If you look at the pics in the previous post and count down eight steps, that step is not level and, in my opinion, the steps are not up to code, but I'm not expert. Just a guess from when we had to have our outside stairs replaced at the old house.

That's about all that's happening around here. Nothing much else going on except we're trying to get ready to move and neither of us are up to doing anything much.

Hubby was to the cardiologist for his follow up on Tuesday. He's doing much better since his blood pressure med was decreased.

5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful picture you have for your header. I'm so sorry about your fall and it is a wonder that you weren't hurt worse than you are. I hope your leg, and tailbone gets better soon. Glad that your husband is doing better. We're here enjoying our rain, while all around us are getting snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I hope you are feeling better soon. When I looked at the pictures of where you took the fall I am so thankful that nothing more happened to you.

    Glad to read that your Hubby is doing better as well.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I hope you are better soon....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dang it! I'm sorry you're still in so much pain. That really stinks. Hope you have time to rest and heal up while trying to move.

    ReplyDelete