Do you love snowmen? They are beautiful when used as either Christmas or winter decor. They bring your home alive with magical enchantment, for wasn't Frosty enchanted?
Now you can create your own snowmen, snowladies or even a snow family using clay pots. You can decorate them to your own taste and turn your home into a winter wonderland by using a bit of glitter or buffalo snow. Create a snowscape, using these delightful creatures and a few houses and other Christmas village pieces.
* One 2.5 inch clay pot for each snow person you wish to create.
* 2 buttons.
* A 1.5 diameter wooden or styrofoam ball - wood works best.
* A child's knitted sock. (Available at most dollar stores)
* Ribbon - your choice of color.
* Fabric - your choice of color.
* Hot or cold glue gun.
* 1 small paint brush.
* 1 large paint brush.
* A fine tipped black marker.
* Acrylic paints - white and pink.
* Can of clear sealer.
* Cover your work surface with paper towels or newspaper.
* Place the clay pot upside down.
* Glue the wooden ball onto the bottom center of the clay pot.
* Dry thoroughly.
* Using the large paint brush, paint the outside of the clay pot and the wooden ball white.
* Dry thoroughly and give another coat of white paint.
* Continue in this manner until there is a good layer of paint so nothing shows through.
* Cut the foot off the child's knitted sock.
* Turn the cuff of the sock up to create a hat brim.
* Place the cuff part of the sock on the wooden ball for a hat and glue into place.
* Tie the colored ribbon around the top of the hat.
* Fringe the top of the hat, if desired.
* Tie fabric around the neck of the snow person as a scarf and glue it into place.
* Glue the buttons onto the front of the clay pot to resemble buttons on a coat.
* Create the snow person's face using the fine tipped black marker.
* If desired, add a bit of pink paint to the cheeks.
* Use some orange paint to create a nose.
* Use pipe cleaners for arms and glue a miniature broom in place. (These can be purchased at a craft store. I got mine at Micheals.)
Enjoy! Sorry I don't have time to post anything more right now. It's been a hectic two days.