We got off I75 at Highway 27. We were a bit tired of being on the Interstate and saw some interesting sights on our way into Central Florida. We usually stay in Clermont, which is about 20 minutes from Disney World. However, when we got to our destination, there'd been a mixup with our reservations, so we took 192 and headed toward Disney. We stopped at the Ramada Inn and they had no rooms left. However, they did have a kids' suite available for the next night, so I booked it. We went back west and found a Day's Inn, but were not at all happy with the room. Oh well, it was only for one night.
We noticed that many of the orange groves along 27 had been replaced with housing. What a shame. It seems that farmland all over America is being destroyed for homes. Developers need to remember that we need green space in order to survive.
The boys were really tired and so were we, so we decided to take it easy and rest. We ordered pizza and that was another bad experience. It ended up costing us $34 just for pizza and I can tell you I'll never order from that particular pizza company again. They got the order entirely wrong and wouldn't correct it.
Jordan and I walked over the to store and he saw a beautiful leopard towel that he bought with his own money. Jordan loves leopards and lo and behold we had all forgotten to pack towels. LOL When Brandon saw it, he wanted one too and so we went and bought him one. They were very pretty. I neglected to get a photo.
That is all of day four and finally we enjoyed just lounging around and not being stuck in the van. We were all asleep by 10pm.
Tomorrow, I will try and post photos of Day 5.Now for my Thankful Thursday post. I most definitely have lots to be thankful for. Here is my list.
1. Thankful for the opportunity to have a nice vacation and return home without incident. We didn't have any problems on the road. We did have one close call, but that is to be expected on a trip of this length. Then it was a careless driver that caused the problem in a rain storm by cutting off a tractor trailer.
2. Thankful that the van's wheelbearing didn't go until we got home. It wouldn't have been fun to be stuck along the road with two boys. God's timing was perfect, as always.
3. Thankful that we were all healthy while we were away, even though we had travel insurance. I certainly wouldn't want to have to use it. Jordan was ill one night but I think he was tired and excited. That will do it with kids.
4. Thankful that all of my loved ones were safe while we were gone.
5. Thankful that the GYN found my daughter's cyst and it will be removed soon.
6. Thankful that our home remained safe while we were gone and there were no incidents of any kind.
7. Thankful that Meeko remained healthy while we were gone and that he had fun playing with his canine friends while we were gone. He settled in within 24 hours and is doing great.
8. Thankful for all my wonderful friends both on and offline. I have been truly blessed.
9. Thankful that God sent angels to be with us on the trip, just as I prayed for. He is so good and I'm thankful to have a personal relationship with Him.
10. Thankful that God answers our prayers and that my friends lift those up who are on my prayer list. Thanks to all of you.
If you would like to join Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting My Heart. Thanks, Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday. It's nice to have you back.