Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find out all the information there.
1. I am thankful that my daughter, Michelle, had a successful surgery on Tuesday and that God guided the doctor's hands.
2. I am thankful that Michelle was in good spirits today. She got over her weepy spell of last night and was joking with Brandon this afternoon.
3. I am thankful that all of the tubes, oxygen and antibiotic drips are gone and that Michelle is negotiating the halls at a slow pace.
4. I am thankful for God giving me the words to comfort Brandon and Jordan on Tuesday while their Mom was having her surgery.
5. I am thankful for wonderful friends who prayed for Michelle and myself over the last few days and for weeks before the surgery. Thank you all for supporting me and my family through this.
6. I am thankful for Jesus paying the price for my sins. We are all sinners and would fall short of the glory of God if not for Him.
7. I am thankful that God has blessed me with talents and the ability to help others in my daily life.
8. I am thankful to have a grandson who has Asperger's Syndrome. He has taught me many lessons over his short 12 years and I learn from him often. He looks at the world differently and allows me to see the world through his eyes.
9. I am thankful the electrician came today and got the plug outlets in our house all up to code. Now the inspector can do his final inspection and the fire department will no longer have the need to call me three times a week.
10. Most of all, I'm thankful for God's Word, as it directs me in my daily life. Without it, I would be lost.
Update on Michelle: Brandon and I went to see Michelle just after noon today. You will remember that last night she was weepy, which is her nature at times, but think the antibiotics and pain med made her even more so. She is having very little pain and was off all the meds today. She had been up, had her shower and had been walking a bit in the halls when we saw her. She had eaten lunch and was laughing and joking with Brandon. She is on the mend. I believe she will be coming home on Saturday. Her doctor doesn't like to rush her patients out of the hospital. I will update you on any other happenings as they occur.
Denise at Shortybear's Place has tagged me for a meme. It's called the Book Me-Me.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people
Well, the closest book to me with 123 pages is Smart-Opedia: The Amazing Book about Everything. Technically, it is a children's book, but it's full of all kinds of wonderful things about the world.
This is the three sentences:
An immense empire covered the whole Mediterranean basin and Asia Minor. Julius Ceasar, Rome's most famous general, had conquered Gaul. His nephew, Augustus, became the first Roman Emperor. Rome's borders would soon spread from Scotland to Arabia.
Now, I am to tag five people, but don't like tagging, so if you would like to participate, please do and then leave me a comment so I can read your meme.
I was sent this book to review and it is a wonderful book. I kept it as the boys are interested in all of the subjects that are between its covers. Included are the arts, animals, astronomy, history, plants, earth, science, technology, today's world and the human body. There is much to learn between the pages of this book. If you have kids, I recommend it highly. It is published by Maple Tree Press, Toronto, Ontario.
Thanks once again to all my dear friends and readers for your prayers and support during the last few days. Your love and kindness is greatly appreciated.
Be sure to remain alert so you can pass a kindness on to someone today. A random act of kindness brightens both the life of the recipient and the person who does the kindness~Blessings, Mary~