Thursday, March 27

I've Been Tagged and Show and Tell Friday

Mama Bear at Bears in Exile has tagged me for the ABC meme. I wonder if I'll be able to answer them all. Let's give it a go...

A - Attached or single: Attached for going on 20 years.
B - Best Friend: Hubby

C - Cake or pie: If it's sugar free and homemade, pie.

D - Day of choice: Sunday

E - Essential item: Shoes

F - Favorite color: Green

G - Gummi Bears or worms: Neither

H - Hometown: Small town in southwestern Ontario.

I - Indulgence: Once in a while a very small piece of dark chocolate.

J - January of July: Not sure. Depends on the weather.

K - Kids: A precious gift from God.

L - Life is incomplete without: The love of family.

M - Marriage date: December 17

N - Number of siblings: 2

O - Oranges or apples: Both - It just depends on my mood and cravings.

P - Phobias or Fears: Heights and small windowless enclosures.

Q - Quote: Be aware you may entertain angels unaware. (Grandma taught me this.)

R - Reason to smile: Grandsons

S - Season: Spring and fall.

T - Tag: Anni, BJ, Lady Di and Denise.

U - Unknown fact about me: My hair is thinning.

V - Veggies or fruit: Both

W - Worst habit: A tendency to over-react to small things

X - X-ray or ultrasound: Neither if I can help it.

Y - Your favorite food: Mmm! Don't know.

Z - Zodiac: Libra

Well, Mama Bear, that was fun. Now when you ladies that I tagged have yours up, please let me know so I can read your list. Have fun.


Well, I just looked out the window and it is snowing big, fluffy flakes. A little while ago it was raining. I just hope the snow doesn't accumulate. I've had enough snow for this year. With that I will go on and entertain you with my Show & Tell Friday.

It's time for Show and Tell Friday. If you would like to participate, drop over to Kelli's at There's No Place Like Home.

This week I'm going to show you a print that I have hanging in my computer room. I had it made from a photo that I took in western Tennessee in 2005 when hubby, Mom and I were on our way to Arkansas to visit friends. We took a side trip and stopped at Loretta Lynn's Ranch in Hurricane Mills. It was a wonderful experience.

The print shows the mill and mill pond on Loretta's ranch and I just love this picture. Doesn't it speak of bygone days and a slower pace of life? Look out, Loretta. You may just find me moving in there one of these days. The ranch is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

When Loretta and her husband were married, they bought the house and property. The house that they lived in at that time overlooked the mill and mill pond. What a wonderful view to wake up to every morning.

Wouldn't you love to live in a house overlooking this beautiful scene? I know I would and I enjoy the print daily while I'm working on my writing, listing on ebay or blogging.

Please pray for Deena at Pretty in Pink. Deena is going through chemo treatment for breast cancer and this week was more difficult than prior weeks. I had an email from her yesterday and she is feeling better, but please continue to pray for her.

Speaking of Deena, she was kind enough to present me with the award below. She also gave it to many of her blog friends. It is beautiful. Thank you, Deena.

I would like to pass this along to everyone on my blogroll. Please check to see if your name is there. I've added some new names recently.

This also Friday Flea Market. I have a few cute things up for sale this week, so please take a moment to visit Mary's Vintage Flea Market. There are a pair of fairy ornaments, some art prints and more. Please drop in for a visit.

May you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Remember to be kind to yourself. We all deserve to be pampered a little. ~Blessings, Mary~

19 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Beautiful picture. You know it's strange that I live in Tennessee, but I have never visited Loretta Lynn's Ranch at Hurricane Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi. And I agree it is a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that print... what a place to live.....maybe in heaven.....ahahahhaha

    and do you sell on Ebay,, what is your id name.... I have been on there for years but in the past couple of years have been too busy to do much.. but I am building a new format for my page and hope to start up again in April.... You are a busy lady..... and I love the ABC and I will do that tomorrow,,,,, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with the meme, Mary.

    I love that scene in that picture! I'd be out there fishing nearly every day.

    Thank you for sharing the award with us, and bless Deena for presenting it to you when she probably doesn't really feel like doing much these days.

    Have a great weekend, Mary! ;o)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, that is a beautiful picture. I envy the person who gets to wake up and look out the window to see that every day. I grew up on a beautiful lake. I took it for granted and never really appreciated it. Wish I did now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Now......color me green!!! With envy. No, not for the huge snowflakes outside your window...no, not at all. You can have that. LOL

    I'm filled with envy for the wonderful print you have....and it's Loretta Lynn's ranch? Oh my oh my...more envy.

    It's beautiful. That would be so nice to have by the computer....I could feel so relaxed with that hanging beside me. Yessiree!!!


    I'll grab the tag and do it real soon.

    Happy Friday Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary, you did good.

    I have been to this place several times. It is on the way to Clarksville, Tennessee where I often go with Jim. We use several alternate routes to get off the beaten path(I-40). A trip is always more fun if you go through the country.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks a lot like Bennette Springs in South Missouri where we go Trout fishing...Beautiful. We're going to Tenn. this summer. It's a beautiful State.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your meme, and congrats on your award. I love your show and tell, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again...I just finished publishing your tag!!

    Happy evening to you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how fortunate to see this lovely scene every single morning...
    congratulations on your award...
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're still getting snow out your way? IKES! You posted a very beautiful scenery that one could easily forget the world, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mary.it would be a lovely palce to live..
    and thank you so much for caring about me. I hope you and Brandon had a great evening.

    hugs to you sweetie.Deena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is a beautiful view. Thanks! and that quote, Be aware you may entertain angels unaware.... wow, very nice.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary,

    Enjoyed your answers to the meme. And the picture is lovely. What a view that would be to wake up to!

    Congratulations on your newest award. And I'm glad you have more energy these days. Also glad to read that your dear Mom is doing so well at 80. I have a friend here named, Garnet, who is 87 and still driving and doing wonderfully well.

    Hope the snow didn't stick! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the ABC meme! That was so much fun to read!!
    http://livinwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary,

    I enjoyed reading your meme. I learned some new facts about you. I also found something else we have in common. My hair is thinning, too.Every so often I tell my family that I am going to get a pink wig. LOL

    Loretta's Ranch is beautiful! I would love to wake up to that view every day.

    Hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary it was so nice to learn more about you. Love the snow drop pictures.

    We ended up getting about 9 inches of wet snow yesterday, so driving was miserable for awhile. It's melting today so hopefully we get some desperately needed moisture out of it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary,that picture of the Mill is fantanstic.I think I would be in heaven to live near that.
    I can relate to December 17, That is my soberity date 12/17/1990.
    Hugs and Blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete