Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
This week, once again, I have much to be thankful for.
* Food on the table and a warm place to stay. There are many that don't have these necessities of life.
* For a husband who will lend a hand around the house when I need it.
* A mother who is in fairly good health. I am so lucky to have her. She is 81 years old and is very independent.
* For phone calls from Aunt May. She phoned to let me know that she isn't doing well. She is losing strength day by day and can barely lift her cane. Please pray for her.
* Phone calls from Brandon and Jordan. They always brighten my day.
* For lovely autumn weather. Even though it's been chilly, it's been bright and sunny the last few days and I've been able to get outdoors and enjoy the sights, sounds and fragrances of the season.
* For the night sky - the stars and the moon. It's wonderful to see its beauty as I take Meeko for his nightly walk.
* For Meeko who makes us smile and sometimes even laugh out loud. He is a great companion.
* Most of all this week, I am thankful for the veterans who fought for our freedom and the soldiers who are deployed in Afghanistan. May they be abundantly blessed for their service.
I enjoyed many Veteran's and Remembrance Day posts this week and enjoyed each and every one.
The cards for my soldier's card shower are coming in daily. Thanks to each of you that have participated. S is going to be thrilled when she opens the package with all of the cards.
Have a great day and remember to do a random act of kindness. Sometimes a smile is all it takes to brighten someone's day. ~Blessings, Mary~