Sunday, October 16

A Bit of an Update

I haven't had much time to get things settled in or take any photos, but this house definitely feels like home. We had no trouble settling in and it's nice to have more space than we did for the past 20 years.

Although we dreaded the move and didn't want to leave the old place, we do like it here. There's a silver lining in every cloud if we just have the patience to look for it.

Dakota is settling in well. He absolutely LOVES the back yard. He has the odd squirrel to chase and he spends a lot of time out there. Before it got cold, windy and rainy, we just left the back door open so he could go in and out as he pleased. He has a new-found freedom here and is a different dog. He takes his ball into the yard and bounces it on the patio, then chases it and growls at it. It's a show in itself and so comical. We've had a few good laughs watching him.

There are blue jays and cardinals around here and I've been trying to lure them into the yard. So far all I've managed to lure is a mourning dove. They usually mate for life, so it's odd that there is only one. However, it is welcome to come anytime it likes.

We still have some things to get from the old house and that is bugging me, but Dwight's mother is coming in on Tuesday from New Brunswick. She wants to help us get everything finished up. It will be nice to have her visit. We don't get to see her often, but did see her in August when she was up for a month visiting friends.

That is an update for now. I've purchased two mum plants, a pot of kale and two pumpkins for the back yard. I have also taken photos that I haven't had time to post, but they are coming. Too bad we only had the mums for a day before a torrential downpour damaged them. Still, they are colorful to look at even with the damage.

8 comments:

  1. Up here, near Ottawa, our pots of Mums are definitely on the decline -- as am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting settled in and Dwight's Mom is coming. It'll be nice to have her help and for her to see the place. Looking forward to pictures when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are really enjoying your new home and it also sounds like you are enjoying good health. I am happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that contentment in your voice...... Love that you are settling in and enjoying the new home........ I know it was a lot of work but maybe now you will rest and enjoy the rest of the fall colors...... I have done nothing in my yard....... got to get outside..... Love ya and still waiting for the new address!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Sounds like this house is a wonderful home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I moved too on Sept 24. But for temporary only. We plan to buy, so I leave lots of stuff in the boxes in a room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear everything is going good and that Dakota has adapted very well. Freedom is often a cure for doggie boredom. Wishing you continued success with the move. Maybe when your MIL comes she can help you finish the move from the old house. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I'm so glad that even Dakota is settling in so well. Moving is always hard but sometimes it's for the best as this move seems to have been:-) I hope you're having a wonderful time with Dwight's mom as she visits you and that you can get the last of the stuff from the old house.

    It's been rainy and cold over here as well. When Steve & I went to NF last weekend it was the same and the winds were unbelievable. First time we go there that we get such nasty weather but we had fun anyway:-)

    Take good care my friend and hope to talk to you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete