Thursday, May 7

It's been over a year since I posted here and it's time to update everyone.

Brandon worked in a garden center last year and then Toys R Us at Christmas. He loves the garden center but didn't care for Toys R Us. He got laid off at the end of December and they were very happy with his work performance, so he could go back this September. I don't think he will if he can find something else.

He got an excellent reference from the garden center and the manager told him to come back this March and let him know if he'd like to work for them again. He did and started on the 12th of April. He loves it.

Jordan is in his last year of high school, which is hard to believe. It seems like yesterday that the boys were starting school. He's doing much better this year but now there is a danger the secondary school teachers will walk off the job in a strike action and he will lose his year. That is maddening, as the kids get out in just a little over a month. They will have to either go to summer school to make up the time or repeat their semester in the fall.

As for hubby and I, we are doing okay. We are both home and sometimes that makes for seeing too much of each other. I work on my Etsy shop but he needs a hobby.

Well, I'll keep it short and sweet. Nothing else much going on around here.

I miss blogging and miss many of my friends here. I hope to get back soon.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you also Mary....If I remember from long ago, you had suffered a heart attack....well, this past March I too had a massive heart attack with three stents placed in one fully blocked artery.

    It reads like your family is doing okay, which is good. And I loved seeing you stop by to visit with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Anni. Are you okay? So sorry to hear that. I had quadruple bypass. Hubby had bypass and then 3 years ago, stents. Take care of yourself.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary, I know exactly what you mean about perhaps seeing too much of each other. Harvey retired 3 years ago almost and it is really hard getting used to seeing him 24/7. He does have lots of hobbies so that helps a bit.

    Hope to see you blogging a bit more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, so nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete