It's Show and Tell Friday and today I'd like to show you one of the headvases that I've collected over the years. I call her my southern belle. She is perfect in every way. The beautiful applied roses on her hat and dress set off her outfit. Her face is pleasant with painted eyelashes and a rosy glow to her cheeks. She has a beautiful rosebud mouth.
The inside of the vase is clean and I don't think she has ever been used for flowers. She is one of many headvases that I've collected over the years. The first was one that my grandmother gave me when I had my appendectomy in 1962. I fell in love with headvases and over the years have picked up ones that caught my eye.
Hubby and I have made a decision to get rid of some of the dust collectors in our home. Over 19 years together, we have accumulated way too much stuff. So my southern belle is now for sale in my Ebay store.
There is a time in our lives when we need to clear out the clutter from our homes and this is it for us. I will miss her in a way but whoever purchases her will get many years of enjoyment out of her, just as I have.
Show and Tell Friday is hosted by Kelli at There is No Place Like Home. If you'd like to participate, please follow the link to her site. It's fun and easy.
Michele at Writing the Cyber Highway has tagged me for a meme Procrastination Roadblocks and How to get Around Them. The meme originated at Rebecca Laffar-Smith, at Writer's Round About. Let's see if I can do this.
1. As far as my writing is concerned, there are times when I just do not feel like writing. Yet a deadline is always looming in the distance. Sometimes I get my writing done far ahead of time. At others, I just keep putting it off. For me the deadline is what finally pushes me to push procrastination to one side and get down to business.
2. I have several blogging friends who are a great inspiration to me. When something that I dislike doing needs to be done I visit their websites and read a post or two. The inspiration that I find on these blogs gets me moving and before I know it, the job is done.
3. Quiet time is something that I require in order to function at a normal level. Once I have my quiet time, I can usually tackle anything.
4. Hobbies are a great inspiration. If I am procrastinating, sometimes I will take an hour to do a hobby. Right now I'm making the boys a scrapbook of our vacation. Just an hour of working on the scrapbooks can inspire me to tackle tasks I'd rather not do.
5. Take a few minutes to enjoy a cup of tea. Green tea or a cup of herbal tea is definitely relaxing. After a refreshing cup of tea I seem to have more energy to take on tasks that need to be done.
6. Spend time with the grandsons. The boys can get Grandma moving. When I look at the world through their eyes, it gives me a different and more positive outlook on life. My grandsons are often a source of my inspiration.
7. Read the Bible or pray for someone in need. God's Word is a great way to become inspired and praying for those who are in need inspires me to do the best that I can do.
Now I am to tag some people. Here are my choices:
Karen at Karen's Korner
Mama Bear at Bears in Exile
Lori at Pink Faded Roses
That is enough tagging. If anyone else would like to do the meme, you are most welcome. If you decide to participate, please leave a comment so I can read your list.
Have a wonderful weekend and be safe on the roads and enjoy time with your family.