Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find out all the information there.
I have many things to be thankful for again this week. We are so blessed in Canada and the US.
1. Spending time with the grandsons on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday we went to the farm and the boys had a lot of fun playing with an autistic boy named Hunter on the trampoline. When the boy first got there, he didn't want to get out of his grandmother's van. By the time he was done playing with the boys he was making a date to play again next Tuesday.
2. Thankful for meeting Hunter. He and I had a good conversation. He is a dear. Between the three boys, they really made my day.
3. That hubby's test results will be in Monday. Please keep us in your prayers.
4. For having my mother to celebrate Mother's Day with again this year. When Mom had her stroke in 2006, we wondered if we would have her another year. She recuperated 100% and is very independent.
5. For the pleasure of taking Brandon and Jordan shopping for Michelle's Mother's Day present today. They chose a resin goldfinch for the window box on their back deck and a teddy bear. She will love both gifts.
6. God has blessed me by making me a mother and grandmother.
7. For spring blooms and bird song. Today I heard several beautiful birds singing in the trees across the street.
8. For the pleasure of seeing the yearling raccoon that lives in the tree at the end of our driveway. He was sitting in the hollow and peeking out. Meeko drew my attention to him. He was adorable.
9. That I have Meeko in my life. He does make me laugh with his antics and he draws my attention to things that I would sometimes miss. He watches birds, squirrels, raccons and other wildlife and he gets me out in all kinds of weather like tonight when I took him for his walk in the rain.
10. For spring showers. It was wonderful walking in the rain. No one else was out and it was so peaceful. I had my coat on with the hood and so I wasn't getting too wet. I could smell the fragrance of spring and the freshness of the Earth.
Not much other news here. Enjoy the beauty of spring and be sure to take the time to stop and smell the roses. ~Blessings, Mary~