Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
It's been awhile since I participated in Thankful Thursday. Mostly because I've been busy and keep forgetting what day of the week it is. Here are some things I'm thankful for this week.
1. Getting the plaster and lathe out of the smallest bedroom in the rental apartment at a good price. The man who put up the gyprock also gave us a very fair price.
2. For my mother who is in fairly good health for her 81 years. She has had two mini strokes in the last 5 years and is still going strong with no negative results. She drives, helps family and is very independent.
3. For grandsons who are willing to learn about renovations and lending a helping hand. They are good boys and did a great job.
4. Food on the table, a roof over our heads, central air in the summer and heat in the winter.
5. For good neighbors who will lend a hand and expect nothing in return, though we try to return the favor whenever possible.
6. Nature. Some of my greatest joys are found in the animals and birds that frequent the area. A blue jay has been stopping by and so I put out some peanuts-in-the-shell for him to enjoy. He is a gorgeous creature. We also have raccoons and squirrels that delight us with their antics.
7. For a husband who knows how to tape and mud drywall. The job will soon be done.
For all blessings received, I am thankful. It seems there are so many positive things in the world and I try very much to focus on each of them. Remember to count your blessings and look for the silver lining in every cloud. ~Blessings, Mary~