Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
Wow! It's Thursday again. It's seems as if this summer has passed by with lightning speed. It's the middle of August already and the weather is cooler and feels more like fall in the evening hours.
Things I am Thankful for this week:
1. Having a long talk on the phone with my niece, Sherry, who is the mother of Evan. He is about 5 months old now and she says he is doing well.
2. For my mother. As each day passes I am more thankful for still having her in my life. She is a keeper.
3. For grandsons and visits to the farm. This week they played on the trampoline and then we took a walk and looked at a lot of different weeds. We saw Scottish thistles, teasels, Queen Anne's Lace, ragweed, wild mustard, golden rod, both red and white clover and more. The boys asked questions on identification and we enjoyed talking about different weeds and their life cycle, how they affect humans and what purpose they have. It was like a mini field trip and we all enjoyed it.
4. For a husband that can lay a subfloor, though he's never done it before. He did a great job.
5. For plumbers that go out of their way to give great customer service and charge a reasonable price. The tub, toilet, sink and vanity are all installed.
6. For lawyers who can set things straight when you have a problem. This man and his brother, who is also a lawyer, have been in my life for about 20 years. They are a family law firm and have been in business 50 years. They are from the old school and certainly know their stuff whether it be litagation, estate or family law.
7. For cooler weather and a break in the record rainfall we've had this spring and summer. It's nice to see the sun shining.
8. For the neccessities of life, as in clothing, food and water. Many in third world countries aren't so lucky.
9. For friends in the real world and online who are always there to give a word of encouragement.
10. For the opportunity to meet Pea from Pea's Corner . Pea and her friend are going to be in southern Ontario and we plan to meet on Sunday. Both of us are very excited about meeting. It is going to be FUN and we plan on taking lots of photos.
I hope that you have been blessed with many things to be thankful for this week. Remember to give a helping hand to someone who is less fortunate. Even a smile can make someone's day.