Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
I can't believe that it's Thursday all ready. My how time is flying by. The weather has been cool here and it's a little chilly in the house tonight as our furnace isn't working. A reminder that we have many luxuries that many don't have. When I was a child, we had only a Quebec heater in the kitchen and a oil stove in the living room. The house was very cool at night and in the morning we could write our names in the frost on the inside of the windows. Times have changed.
This week, once again, I have many things to be thankful for:
1. Furnace repair men that will come out the day after you call them. Our furnace will be repaired tomorrow morning. I'm so thankful it is still under warranty. There will be no charge for parts or labor. The furnace was new in 2006. I am truly thankful that we found out the furnace wasn't working properly before winter set in. It's hard enough to be chilly but in mid winter we would freeze.
2. Tonight I picked the boys up after school and they were well behaved. We had a good time for the couple hours I had them. I am always thankful for the love of my grandsons.
3. This week hubby made a glass enclosure for the end of the bath tub upstairs. He has never done anything like this before and he did a great job. I'm thankful that he is willing to try new things.
4. The days have been beautiful but the nights have been really cool here since the beginning of September. I am grateful for the sounds, sights and fragrances of autumn. I can feel it in the air. I have seen flocks of Canadian Geese preparing to move south for the winter. They were honking as they flew over the house when Meeko and I were out for our nightly walk.
5. For a special friend who just recently made my new header and background. Thank you, Hootin' Anni.
6. This is the anniversary of the day the twin towers fell. I am thankful that there has been no repeats of such a catastrophic event since that time. A shock shook the world that day and things will never be the same again.
7. I am thankful for all blessings received, for online and real world friends and for the love of family. All of these things mean a lot to me and make a real difference in my life.
Enjoy your day and remember to count your blessings. ~Blessings, Mary~