Wednesday, May 13

In the Park

Today I decided to visit the park near the Grand River. It is very pretty but isn't at its full potential yet. The city plants all kinds of flowers here in the spring and all summer, it is beautiful.On my way there, I passed this corner. The lilacs are just coming into bloom and they were so pretty.
A great place to relax. A nice view, a cool breeze on a hot day and lots of shade. A perfect place to spend a couple of hours just relaxing and people watching, or even reading a good book.
The tulips are in bloom between the road and the river bank. That willow tree is in the park, but getting close to the bank of the river.


On the west side of the road, this non-bearing crabapple tree is in bloom. I love the pink blossoms.
A closer look at the willow tree that is near the river bank. Willows are my favorite tree. When I was young, I used to sit beneath a large one on the creek bank. The branches touched the ground and gave me a tranquil place to sit and dream.
Another willow. Look at that trunk. It's very gnarled, which gives it a lot of character. This one is near the road.

There were people in the park with their dogs and several with their young children. One grandmother was pushing a stroller and would stop every so often to make sure her grandchild was covered with a blanket, as the breeze was cool.

A beautiful day to visit the park. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you had a terrific day as well.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Things look a lot like here. Our lilacs are just coming into bloom too. I find it interesting when you talk about the Grand River, because the river right near us is also the Grand River.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so lovely and green. I wished I could have been outdoors at at park yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I just had a Blogger "first" for me -I was trying to post a comment here, apparently at the same time as Ruth, and Blogger sent me a message that it couldn't post my comment due to a conflicting comment and for me to go back and try again. What a coincidence, huh?
    Anyway, I just wanted to say what a lovely walk in the park that was and such a beautiful park at that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful park.... eveything is so pretty... I like willow trees too.. I wanted to plant one, but my husband heard that the roots of a willow tree would damage a septic tank... Those tulips were sooo beautiful! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very pretty where you live Mary, the favourites of mine are the cherry and willow trees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect day to me! And MY FAV tree is the willow! There is just something about their grace...... I am glad that you had a nice quiet day ...... things here quiet and that is a good thing....

    I will get a LONG email to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous park. As soon as I saw that bench, I thought, "I'd like to sit there and read for a bit!"
    Love that blooming crabapple tree as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful park. I looks so inviting right now as we are still getting rain and 37degree weather. Ack! Nice pics too. How are you feeling Mary...thinking of you my friend. Take care jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the crabapple trees. Funny they don't fruit. Here in NZ, they do. On Both sides of the road to my school, there are lots of crabapple trees. Right now, our fall, they fall to the footpath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such lovely pictures my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. magnificent photos, Mary!
    You truly have an eye for beauty and simple pleasures which mean the most!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful!!!! I so wish we could have lilacs here in this part of the world. Just too hot for them. I can smell the lovely fragrance tho, from you photos. What a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful interlude you gave yourself - I hope you'll catch us up when everything is in full bloom this summer. The one thing I miss about the university is walking around campus in the different seasons and enjoying the beauty - it was like a gigantic park.

    I need some time to sit on a bench to read, but I have the kids again because Kristen just isn't doing well. Please pray for her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the pretty tour of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous yesterday: not so much today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great place to walk. Did you have Dakota with you?
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't you just love Spring?
    I wish it could stay this way....and just skip summer.
    But only if we could then go into fall and winter. Love the colors of all these seasons.
    Love the pictures of the trees...what character.
    Glad you had a great day in the park. Life is good....

    ReplyDelete