Friday, June 5

It's Been a Long Week

Monday was a busy day and I was running from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning until 10pm that evening. While talking to my mother at 11pm, I felt really nauseous. I was up all night and finally feel asleep about 8am. I woke up at 1:30 in the afternoon and slept on and off until the Wednesday morning. I ate very little and had no energy.

Thursday was a little better. I started feeling like I was alive. By the time the boys were out of school, I felt like going to the garden center, so off we went. We bought enough annuals to fill the front beds and a couple of other plants. By then it was too late and I was too exhausted to plant, so we took them home. Hopefully they are coming on the weekend to help get everything in the ground, as they want to help with the planting.

Today I was a little tired because I didn't sleep well last night but was back on regular food instead of jello and liquids. If I can just get a good night's sleep tonight, I will be fine.

This is the same nasty flu that I had in January and I'm hoping I never have it again. The first symptom is a headache and the next is indigestion. It gets worse from there. It can last, my pharmacist informed me, anywhere from 24 hours to two weeks. It's something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend. It was a beautiful day here today and I'm hoping it lasts.

11 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! What a bad way to spend a week. I'm glad you're on the mend. I hope Blogger has straightened out for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you to feel much better, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're not feeling well Mary, praying for you here *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. The family has been sick around here. I seem to have avoided it so far; I've just been knackered more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ewwwww! I hate getting sick and I really don't know anyone that doesn't. :) I sure hope you wake up feeling 100% today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've been sick. I had wondered about you, if I'd offended you with my comment about the border issue. I would never want to do that. I'm so pleased you're on the mend.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read about you not feeling well.
    But wishing you a better week to come.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you've been sick, Mary. Glad you're starting to come around. Healing thoughts winging your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope that now it's a weekend, you're feeling much, MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, I do hope you're feeling much better by now, dear Mary. I woke up with a headache this morning and my stomach was turning so hopefully I'm not getting the same thing! I just ate, though, and I feel better now so hopefully it was just the headache causing my nausea.

    E is on day shift this week so if you want to call me, this is a good week:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete