Sunday, January 27

Green Thumb Sunday



It's Green Thumb Sunday, hosted by Tricia at As the Garden Grows. If you'd like to participate, just click on the link to find out how.

This week I'm going to show another of the photos I took while we were on vacation in Florida. This one was taken at MGM Studios. The shrubs have been sculptured to look like Snow White and her favorite dwarf, Dopey. These shrubs give so much character to the gardens and though I didn't see as many of them as I have on other Disney trips, the ones that I did see were beautiful. All of the gardens at Disney are exquisite. Enjoy!

There's not much other news here today. It snowed most of the day yesterday and all night last night. We have about 6 inches of fluffy, white snow. When I took Meeko out last night, it sparkled like diamonds in the street light. There was no traffic and no people around. There was no wind and it wasn't cold. It was quiet and the world seemed at peace - a perfect night for taking a walk in the snow.

Take care, everyone and enjoy Sunday with your family. ~Blessings, Mary~

11 comments:

  1. Good Morning Mary,
    Oh my goodness, what a beautiful sculpture done in greenery of Snow White and Dopey. Someone really did a great job in doing that. I know it had to take a lot of time as well. "THANK YOU" for sharing such a beautiful picture for your Green Thumb Sunday. I really admire people that has that kind of talent. I'm glad it wasn't too cold on you last night when you took Meeko out. I bet the Snow was beautiful glowing. We were under a Freezing Fog Advisory very early this morning until 8:00a.m. It is still cold. It's only 32 degrees right now. They say it's suppose to get up into the 50's today, but it's going to have to hurry to make it tho. Ms. Renie had Sunshine and in the 40's yesterday. It wasn't that here. I did do a post today and posted all of my Awards I have received. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How peaceful!
    How you are enjoying a warm cuddly day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    How are you today my friend? I went to church this morning, I taught Sunday school and then taught Children's church. We are making Valentine's for the people who are on are prayer list. The children really enjoy doing this. I wish for you a blessed week...Smiles to you ....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary
    Thanks for the great visual of the snow and your walk with Meeko. I could almost hear the hush of the snow blanket all the way down south.
    I sure enjoyed the trip to Disney with you.
    Since I read blogs alpabetical, I read Deena's blog first and my prayers and thoughts will be with her during her journey.
    Peace be with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, you have been tagged for a 6 things meme, come see me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture. Would you believe we went to Disney World when our daughter was 4 and she is 37 now. I can't believe how long its been. Maybe we'll go back someday. J and I are not much for crowded places. we tend to want to go off on the forgotten byways. Our Children have been back several times.
    Hope your Suncay was great. I would love to have gone on that walk with you.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to Everyone for your nice comments about the shrub sculptures. They were magnifient.

    Blessings for a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,

    How delightful! Great photo!

    hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete