The boys helped me plant some tomato plants. They are Beefsteak tomatoes, the kind that Grandma used to plant. They are very small plants and I hope that Brandon's green thumb will get them started. We're looking forward to some tasty tomatoes come August.
The boys planted sunflowers and they had fun doing that. They always like to sneak one in where it will be a surprise. I know they did it again this year because they were laughing and giggling after I had come into the house. I wonder where that sunflower will turn up? One year they planted two of them right in the center of the flower bed. I was able to work around them and leave them. The cardinals and blue jays like to feast on the seeds in the fall.
Thanks to each of you who sent Brandon birthday wishes. His self esteem raised about 20 notches to know that others cared that he was turning 13. You made his day.
Thank everyone for prayers, kind words and thoughts and for the love and support you have given me. I have made so many wonderful friends since I came here last September. I appreciate each and every one of you. I have so much to be thankful for.
Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
1. I'm thankful that Brandon had a great birthday. Turning 13 is a milestone in his life. He is also thankful that everyone left him birthday greetings. He was overwhelmed.
2. I give thanks for the many years that I've had my Aunt May. She helped me in so many ways when I was a single mother.
3. I'm thankful that there are signs that the tenant is getting ready to move. I will be so glad when we can get that apartment cleaned up and rented out.
4. I'm thankful for all the love and support that is given to me by my friends here on blogger. I value each one of you, for friends are treasures more precious than gold. You lift me up and make me smile. Your caring touches my heart.
5. I am thankful that I am a child of God and that my heavenly Father watches over each of us.
I try to always look for a silver lining in every cloud. Be sure to count your blessings and keep a positive outlook on life. ~Blessings, Mary~