Saturday, July 19

Just a quick note to let everyone know I am fine. I haven't posted in a couple of days because we've been busy. On Thursday hubby worked in the bathroom upstairs. It's been slow going as he is so busy, but soon we will be priming and painting. Then we can get the plumber in and get the bathroom finished.

I was off my feet for a couple of weeks with leg pain, but now I'm on the Celebr*ex I'm doing much better. I'm sleeping well and I have a lot more energy. There's nothing like pain to suck the life out of a person. The last three days I've worked in the yard. Weeds were taking over the flowerbeds because I hadn't been able to get out there. I pulled the weeds in the side garden and mulched as I went. I'm almost finished. I've been doing other yard work and also cleaning up the side porch. I have some of my garden ornaments out and planted some blanket flowers. They look pretty. I really need to buy more plants, but with the renovations I may just leave it for this year. There's only so much time. I do miss having a garden full of beautiful blooms though.

Today our neighbor's son came and gave hubby a hand upstairs. That was nice. He is coming back tomorrow and hopefully we will get a lot more done. Things are beginning to come together. I don't think either hubby or I realized how big a job it is to redecorate the apartment. I used to do it all in a couple of weeks and the place would be ready to rent. Not any more. We're seriously thinking of putting the house on the market and looking for a single family dwelling. Time will tell.

That is about all that's going on here. Nothing too exciting. I hope you all have a great weekend and that the weather is nice. Enjoy! ~Blessings, Mary~

14 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better these days, Mary. You're right, being in constant pain saps the life out of you like nothing else.

    Glad you're making progress on the apartment. Y'all take care not to overdo it.

    Have a great weekend! :o)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the new header. It is awesome!!!! I am sorry you have been in pain. I have M. S. and the hot weather is not so nice to me....Have a great week....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend my friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling a bit better. Yes, pain can take the wind right out of your sails!

    I've been fighting the battle of the weeds in my veggie garden. It seems like they grow much better and faster then the veggies! It's terribly humid here today so don't think I will be out there pulling them out today. Humid weather and I just don't get along very well!

    You are doing such a major redecorating job on the apartment! So nice that the neighbor is coming by to help. Many hands make work light!

    Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary
    What a true statement Pain sucks the life out of you. Mimi is slowly getting better and yesterday she was determined to do some of "her" jobs. I think her determination keeps her going but I did hold my breath as she unloaded the dishwasher. I find myself in the same postion, it takes longer to do things that it did before. Take care and Peace be with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so it seems like just when you get one weed pulled out another grows in its place. Perhaps not that fast but honestly, sometimes it sure feels like it. So how come it seems that weeds don't wilt the same as flowers that don't get much water. I believe its because the weeds are sucking up the flower's share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a good idea I think!! Buying a smaller home for just the two of you with an extra room for the grandsons when they come to visit. Yep, that's what I'd do!

    It's good to hear that you're both getting some help tho, that renovating IS hard work, especially such a huge job you two are doing!

    Happy weekend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better and that the Celebrex has helped you. I took it for awhile but did not work for me...Flowers I love them!! Yard work is hard as well as fixing up that apartment. We just get older and cannot do the things we used to do!! Our minds think that we can though..smile.
    Sandy
    Your blog looks nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're feeling a bit better...have a good weekend, dear Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, Did I thank you for the award! I put it up in my post today!! I can't remember if I did or not! Well, anyway Thanks!!

    So happy you are feeling better! Glad the apt is getting closer to being done! Whew! That was a lot of work!!! Yard work is hard, too! Love and hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you are feeling better...
    I have been slack on blogging myself for a couple of weeks.
    Have a restful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary, I have been busy also so I am catching up with everyone. Summers are always that way and I love it! I am so happy you are doing better, I get very crabby when I am in pain, so glad the meds are helping you. Take care of yourself and don't over do it!! love ya, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad everything is going well-including you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary,

    I'm glad you are feeling better. Pain can really take a person's strength and stamina. I hope you are all better soon!!

    Take care.
    Love & hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete