Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
It's always nice to take time to reflect on the blessings that we have received each week. We are so lucky in Canada and are truly blessed on a daily basis. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for in the last week.
1. For grandsons that still enjoy being with Grandma when they are 13 and 10. For our safety during the drug takedown and lessons learned from the mistakes of others.
2. For catching fish and swimming fun.
3. The memories that were made in the last week having fun together with the boys
4. My husband whose tests came back negative. He got the results this week.
5. Clean drinking water, air conditioning and food on the table.
6. Good neighbors that will lend a hand when needed.
7. Modern medical research and technology. We are so lucky to have every hospital and doctor visit paid for my the Ontario Health Insurance Plan.
8. That Aunt May is still getting around. She is undergoing both chemo and radiation. She is still doing daily tasks and able to get out once in a while, even though the doctors gave her only about 2 months to live. That two months is pretty much passed. Please pray for her.
9. For owning my own home even though it is under renovation at this time. It's nice to be able to have a flower garden, plant a few vegetables and enjoy the yard and neighborhood.
10. For a Grandmother who taught me to love God and be an honest and responsible person. She taught me many life lessons and I am not teaching them to my grandsons.
No matter how small your blessings, be sure to give thanks for each of them. No matter what you are going through, there is always someone who is having a more difficult time. Many are chosing whether to pay their rent or eat. Many are unemployed. Many are homeless. Give thanks for all things, both great and small. ~Blessings, Mary~