Thursday, July 17

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.

It's always nice to take time to reflect on the blessings that we have received each week. We are so lucky in Canada and are truly blessed on a daily basis. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for in the last week.

1. For grandsons that still enjoy being with Grandma when they are 13 and 10. For our safety during the drug takedown and lessons learned from the mistakes of others.

2. For catching fish and swimming fun.

3. The memories that were made in the last week having fun together with the boys

4. My husband whose tests came back negative. He got the results this week.

5. Clean drinking water, air conditioning and food on the table.

6. Good neighbors that will lend a hand when needed.

7. Modern medical research and technology. We are so lucky to have every hospital and doctor visit paid for my the Ontario Health Insurance Plan.

8. That Aunt May is still getting around. She is undergoing both chemo and radiation. She is still doing daily tasks and able to get out once in a while, even though the doctors gave her only about 2 months to live. That two months is pretty much passed. Please pray for her.

9. For owning my own home even though it is under renovation at this time. It's nice to be able to have a flower garden, plant a few vegetables and enjoy the yard and neighborhood.

10. For a Grandmother who taught me to love God and be an honest and responsible person. She taught me many life lessons and I am not teaching them to my grandsons.

No matter how small your blessings, be sure to give thanks for each of them. No matter what you are going through, there is always someone who is having a more difficult time. Many are chosing whether to pay their rent or eat. Many are unemployed. Many are homeless. Give thanks for all things, both great and small. ~Blessings, Mary~

18 comments:

  1. Very well said, Mary! So many things we all have to be thankful for and all too often, we aren't -or we just gloss over the good stuff and concentrate on thinking about only the drawbacks in our lives. Large or small -blessings do abound all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    One of Edward's favorite songs is "Count Your Blessings'....and I have so many to count....

    I'm always happy to see that you've dropped by....and for your thoughts and prayers for Edward....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true...we are so blessed in Canada. So easy to complain about this and that, but we have been given much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've tagged you for a meme.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely said Mary. My blessings far out weigh any troubles in my life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,

    This is a wonderful list. I'm so happy to hear that Dwight's results came back negative!!!! And it's wonderful that your Aunt May is still able to get around and do things. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers. You are so right. We need to count our blessings, even to the smallest!

    Hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just given thanks because I'm suddenly very aware of all that the Lord has done for me... thank you for the reminder and also for creating this beautiful nook for readers and writers to dwell in.
    Cheers!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list of blessings and thanks again.

    Hope your day has treated you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely list today! I’m sure you’re both relieved about the test results. This afternoon I’m trying to visit T-13ers (in what little time I have available) and let folks (like yourself) know I’ve left a bit of bling for them at Sacred Ruminations … so whenever you drop by again, be sure to check here.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God that your husbands test came back negative. My prayers continue for your dear aunt May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true, thanks Mary. You have such a lovely blog! God bless you!

    Sharon,
    http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have much to be thankful for. It's great that you realize that. So many of us go through life grumbling about everything that's WRONG that we forget to be thankful for the things that are RIGHT!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...... I love your list and it is so from the heart..... that is one thing that I love about you and love about your blog..... it is so real...... I am so thankful to hear that Hubbies tests came back neg. how wonderful is that........ also I thank the Father God for each day that HE has given your Aunt....... How gracious a God He is........... I miss talking with you my friend and after this week maybe things will slow down a bit........

    Hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely thankful list!

    Remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post! I have been wondering how your Aunt May was doing, I am still praying for her. Glad to hear that she is still getting around. Yes, we certainly have so much to be thankful for, just look around the world and we can see how so many unfortunate people have to live. Things we take for granted they never will have. Thanks for reminding me of all I have to be thankful for!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful list I agree with all of them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful list as always, Mary! I read your other posts and it looks like you had a good time with the boys swimming! A perfect day!

    Carrie is crossing the border today and then on to her home. It is a long boring drive but she has made it a lot of times. She has a couple of her friends from Mexico with her and they will help with the driving. I always hate to see her go home but she will be back again in 6 month or a year! and time does go flying by!!
    Love and hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary
    That was a really nice list. I think most of us would say we are thankful for you and your friendship. I think Graham got it right We Americans have become a nation of whiner. Yes we like others have real problems but we need to stop the whining and try to find a solution.
    The boys had fun in the pool. I wish I could have joined them.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete