Monday, March 9

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY March 9, 2009

Outside my window...
The sparrows have been swooping over the park all day long.

I am thinking...
About the writer's guild meeting that I went to tonight. It was my first and very enjoyable. I will be attending the next meeting later this month and I'm expecting to join. Membership is very reasonable and attending will allow me to network and socialize with others who have the same interests as I do.

I am thankful for...
Iboprufen and Pennsaid, which has eased the excrucitating pain in my knees.

From the learning rooms...
I've finished polishing the historical fiction short story that I had to write for assignment two of my children's writing course.

From the kitchen...
Hubby cooked dinner tonight and it was delicious. Nothing fancy. Ground beef and mashed potatoes with veggies. I enjoyed the break.

I am wearing...
Green slacks and a print tunic top.

I am creating...
A gift for a blogging friend. I haven't had much time to work on it. It's an embroidery project and I really want to get it finished. I'm also writing a child's fantasy. Wish me good luck. I'm not a fantasy writer and I'll need it.

I am going...
to start my spring cleaning this week. It's long overdue.

I am reading...
Centennial by James A. Michener. The book was a gift from a blogging friend.

I am hoping...
I can get Dakota fully housetrained this month. He's doing great, but I'd like him to be fully trained. I'm also hoping that spring arrives soon and that the robins will be searching for worms in the lawn.

I am hearing...
Dakota eating his puppy chow in the kitchen. It's crunchy.

Around the house...
Laundry is waiting. I usually do it on Monday, but had other things that took precidence. I will get to it tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...
Is chocolate ice cream. I don't have it often but did have just a little on Saturday.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Catch up on laundry, tidy dresser drawers and spring clean the bedroom.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Snowdrops should appear soon.

If you would like to take part in the Simple Woman's Daybook, it can be found HERE.

21 comments:

  1. mmm yum I love chocolate icecream too, my favourite brand is Movenpick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary....
    Ohhhhhhhh, I so envy you lucky ladies that have husbands that will cook! If Bud cooked me a meal, it would be peanut butter sandwiches.

    LOL

    I'm not sure if your "Independence" is the book Centennial or not...but do you like it? If it is Centennial, where are you in the book? I'd so love your input on the characters. I'll have to go through my albums and see if I can find some photos of when they were in Colorado filming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Mary,
    Enjoyed reading wht is going on around you. I seen this over at mama Bears also. I did 2 loads of laundry on Sunday afternoon and Sundy evening. I've done a bit of Spring cleaning I guess you could say. I do it as I feel like it. MY DH usuaully does the cooking in the Summer whenhe can cook out on the grill. I can't wait for it to get warm and he can start doing that. It sure helpe me out nd it's so good too.Best of luck on the book you are going to be writing. I know you will do just fine. You are a great writer to begin with. Take care my friend and have a great day. May GOD Bless you and yours.
    Love,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Also, glad you got a good report on your writing from your grandson. What a good writing critic he seems to be. Hope Dakota meets your expectation on the housetraining. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved getting to peek into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Mary:-)

    I've just caught up on all your news! I always find it so hard to get back to blogging after I've been away for a few days. I was so sorry to hear that you're really suffering with your knees...my friend June also needs a knee replacement but she keeps putting off the surgery and continues to suffer. Glad to hear the meds are helping the pain ease for you!

    I have no doubt that you will do well with your writing course. Everything I've read of yours so far has always been so interesting and always keeps my attention from start to finish:-)

    I need to get my Spring cleaning started as well...now if only Spring itself would show up! lol Still tons of snow here.

    Take care dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with your first daybook. I enjoyed reading it.
    I have been catching up with everyone since I've not been by in 4 days but I'm getting a little tired now. I think I've visited everyone at least once so I think I'll stop for now.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading your daybook, Mary...and wow, how exciting to be writing a child's fantasy. I would love do something like that...and I would love to read it when you're done or it's published!

    (I did just go out to the mailbox today though and pulled out a home school magazine that has my first ever published article in it!! We're kind of celebrating here at home and will blog about it soon...) :D

    Glad Dakota has a hearty appetite! ;)
    Hugs,
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading your daybook! I had not seen this before so will have to check into it. So sorry your knees are giving you so much pain. Will you be having them replaced? My Mom was in so much pain before she had hers done.

    My hubby doesn't cook but he is good about bringing home take out when I need the help. :o)

    Yes, I'm a boomer too and had a poodle skirt! I also had the saddle shoes and all the petticoats. Wish the petticoats and feminine things would come back in style. Seems like the young girls dress so old for their age these days.

    Thanks for the review on the movie! I'm always looking for good movies to see with the grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my friend hope you are having a good week so far...m.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gOOD mORNING MARY,
    Just dropping by o see how you are doing tody. I see you haven't posted yet so you are probbably still sleeping. Take cae my friend and have a great day. May FOD Bless you and yours.
    Love,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary,

    So very nice to meet you. Your blog is lovely.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep meaning to do this challenge on Mondays.

    I posted a picture of snowdrops on a prior post. I love them and they're so early and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your daybook post..

    Hope your knees feel better and that Dakota does get trained this month.

    Lots of love to you and have a great rest of the week

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the picture into your day. :)
    Sorry it has been awhile since I have checked in. You have been on my mind and heart.
    How cool that you have found a group to attend for writing and that you are getting some good writing done.
    Sounds like you are doing good...sorry about the knees. Thank God for over the counter meds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, Mary. I loved your daybook. Please stop by my blog....there is a surprise there for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was nice. Good luck with the fantasy book. The picture of the snodrops is so pretty...I can't wait for spring to pop...j)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really is nice that your hubby cooks once in a while. Nice day book thoughts for sharing.

    ReplyDelete