Saturday, December 4

New Flooring


This is what I wanted for a new kitchen floor. Everyone turned their noses up when I told them. ( Well, people in the real world) They said it would look terrible. The only one who could see my side of it was Mom. She said she thought it would work.

Mid-November, hubby and I went to pick out new flooring. We needed a couple of estimates. One of the stores we went to sent home samples. Hubby didn't think it would work, but when I laid the two samples on the floor side-by-side, he chose the black & white.

The grandsons came at two different times within the next few days and I asked both of them when I laid the samples down. They both voted for the black & white. Mom did as well. So, we ordered it.

Two weeks later, I phoned to find out why we didn't have a date for the flooring to go down. They'd promised it would be done for Christmas. The young man who answered the phone said the flooring had never been ordered and that I wouldn't be getting it in time for the holidays. I told him, oh yes, I think I will. Someone (the owners) were to call me back. Two days later, still no call. I phoned them again. The floor would be ordered that day.

By this time I was getting just a little annoyed. I kind of lost it but still tried my best to be pleasant. The lady who works there did phone me back that same afternoon and she told me it would be laid December 16th. No apology for not ordering the flooring on time, just the fact that it didn't get ordered.

I wasn't impressed. Because our place is so small, we can't put up one Christmas decoration until the flooring is down, as we have to move all the appliances and furniture into the living room. But...I am going to have it for Christmas. I will try to get both before and after photos.

12 comments:

  1. Do you have big chess pieces to go with the floor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look great! Hope it's done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know...I always said I liked your choice, it'll look great with all the red trim you're gonna use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be beautiful! I love love love it! You can do it girl.. you can do...... Take pictures when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!!! Mary when are men going to learn to just hush and listen to their women folk? They should know by now that we are usually right. Especially when it comes to what makes our homes look good.

    Glad you stayed on those people about getting it ordered. My mother always said that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I have learned to squeak with the best of them and it does get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this...I know how you feel when it seems service falls by the wayside in some cases. They should have been bending over backward to make it up to you...and they didn't even apologize...I like the black and white, you said you were going to use red in there too and I think it will look great.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get it in before Christmas. I know what you mean about no apology. They owed you that at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been hopping mad to find out that it hadn't even been ordered! Makes you wonder how some businesses even stay in business. Geesh! I just love the black & white tiles and can't wait to see it when it's all done. What a shame you can't decorate for Christmas yet...we had furniture everywhere when we were doing our living room so I can understand. lol Glad you were able to "convince" them to come do the floor before Christmas though:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again Mary...I emailed you a while ago...in days...and I haven't heard back from you. I sure hope you're okay? I worry about the two of you.

    If you're up to it, to visiting, you won't want to miss out on my Christmas Day Giveaway that'll be posted tomorrow the 13th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS...well, I'm sure glad you stopped by to inform me that you're using your blog email...

    I just forwarded your email I sent this past Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Mary, just now getting your comment.... I have been trying to get in touch... I noticed that your comments are dated and timed. Can't wait to see the after pictures of your flooring.. It's the 12th, not long till the 16th.... Have you been keeping in touch with them to make sure they get there? I've been doing a little writing. I've been trying to expand on the Cougar Dennison Episode.... On the 17th of November I posted First draft of the Prologue-Brady and Claire...will gradually add more... I often wondered if you ever expanded on Jack's story..... hope this finds you well and enjoying the CHRISTmas Season, except for your flooring problems.....leaving love, smiles and hugs....

    ReplyDelete