I have hundreds of others but chose these because they are some are my favorites and because some are autumn and Halloween, which is the current season. I may share some of the Christmas postcards with you another time.
If you want to save money this Halloween, here is Grandma's recipe for lollipops. She most often made butterscotch, but you can make any flavor you wish.
* White sugar.
* Cream of tartar.
* Flavoring of your choice.
* Vegetable dye. (Today you would use food coloring)
* Mix 2 cups white sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar together in a saucepan.
* Add 2/3 cup of water.
* Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
* Boil mixture until a drop of the candy hardens when put into cold water.
* Remove saucepan from heat.
* Add dye and flavoring.
* Pour mixture into buttered lollipop molds.
* When mixture is partially cool, push wooden sticks into the center of the candy.
Note: Lollipop molds can be purchased at any store that sells candy making supplies. Orange or black lollipops are great for Halloween.
When candy has cooled overnight, wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon or a bit of raffia. Enjoy!