Monday, October 8

Thanksgiving Day - October 8th







Today was Canadian Thanksgiving Day. As usual, the family gathered at Mom's for dinner. Though Mom turned 80 on September 24th, she still insists on having family dinners for practically every holiday. A couple of years ago, we coaxed her into letting each of us contribute a dish so she didn't have to do everything herself. Until that time Mom had fed up to 20 people every holiday that came along.

Once my husband and I got back from dinner, I sat and reflected on all of the things I am thankful for. They include"

1. That Mom is in good health and still able to celebrate the holiday, as she enjoys.

2. That we could all be together for Thanksgiving dinner to share a meal and reminisce about bygone days.

3. That everyone in my family is in fairly good health, though many of us older ones do have some issues. They could be a lot worse.

4. For a new baby in the family. He is a darling and a miracle baby, literally, and he was the hit of the day.

5. For the blessing of having two wonderful grandsons.

6. That I have a house to live in and food on the table. There's been times in my life when food wasn't plentiful.

7. For the love of family and friends.

8. For a baby's kisses, coos and aahs.

9. For my health, my husband and my beloved pet, Meeko.

10. For all blessings that God has provided me with, including a plentiful harvest. I am truly blessed and thankful for all things that are provided.

Enjoy the photos of the things I am thankful for. It was a blessed Thanksgiving.

11 comments:

  1. I JUST LEFT YOU A TREAT at my blog!!! If you'd like, drop by and pick it up!

    Happy Tuesday.

    [I get that error message a lot too. I think sometimes it's Blogger!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,

    How thoughtful. Thank you for the lovely treat. It's an honor.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving is almost 3 months ahead of ours...and it looked like you had a happy one too.

    Your mom's birthday is the same day as mine.

    Thanks for stopping by to visit and please come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,

    Love the pictures, and it's so nice that you and your loved ones were together again at your Mom's for Thanksgiving. The boys are so cute, and the baby is adorable, and aren't babies usually the highlight of any special occassion? Thank you for sharing your special Thanksgiving with your family, with us. I enjoyed reading about it all, and looking at the great pictures.

    Take care!

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,

    Happy belated Birthday. We had a great time at Mom's party and also at Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is always near the beginning of October. It used to be because the harvest had to be in by then, but yesterday it was over 90F. When I was a kid we often had snow on Thanksgiving.

    Thanks for dropping by. You're always welcome.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renie,

    Wish you could have been here. That would have made the day complete. Maybe one day we will get to meet each other in person.

    Thanks for your comments on my post and the photos. I love taking photos, as you can tell. I have more farm pictures that I took today when I had Brandon to the farm. Maybe I can get them posted tomorrow, which is Provincial Election Day here.

    Thanks again for dropping by. I enjoy talking to you daily.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. I enjoyed reading your thanksgiving list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. willow,

    Thanks for the Thanksgiving greetings. I'm glad you enjoyed the list and look forward to reading the lists of those from the US in November.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Mary. I enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful family. Your "thankful" list is wonderful.

    hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless your thankful heart. My precious mom passed away april 21, 2006. I sure miss her, especially during the holidays. Christmas was her favorite. I am so glad that you still have your mom, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise,

    Dad passed away in 1981 and I still miss him at certain times. I know how valuable a parent's love is and talk to Mom everyday. I don't know what I'd ever do without her, yet know that one day she will pass over. I ask God to give me strength when that days comes.

    Thanks for dropping by. I've enjoyed your visits to my posts.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete