Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.
There's always lots to be thankful for. We in North America are very lucky. We have basic needs such as water and shelter that people in other areas of the world go without. Of course there are some unfortunate people in the US and Canada also, but nothing compared to those in third world countries.
This week I'm thankful for:
1. My mother. Mom is 80 years old. She lives in her own house, drives her car and generally is very independent. She is always there if I feel I need to ask advice of a more experienced person. Mom loves her family dearly and never hesitates to lend a helping hand if she can.
2. For my husband. We've been married for over 19 years and though we have had our ups and downs, just like all couples, we always seem to weather the storms.
3. My grandsons, who call often and like to come over for a visit. On Wednesday we took a couple of hours and went to the driving range where they drove a bucket of balls. Then we had lunch and I took them home. They were well behaved and we had fun.
4. For plumbers who can find hairline cracks in plumbing. This could have spelled disaster in the future.
5. Hot water. For 24 hours this week, I didn't have any. Our hot water tank sprung a leak and had to be replaced. This made me realize that there are some things we take for granted. We turn on the hot water tap and expect there to be hot water. Usually there is, but sometimes there's none and then we know how lucky we are to have so many modern conveniences at our disposal. When I was a child there was no indoor plumbing or taps to turn on. I guess I'd forgotten what it was like to heat water on the stove.
6. Aunt May. She called me last night and we visited for about a half hour. She isn't well and I've noticed lately that she is getting a little confused and forgetful. She has two spots of cancer in her head and I believe the cancer is growing. She will know more when she goes for her checkup this coming Friday. Please pray for her.
7. For renovations getting done slowly but surely. Our helper could only come two days last week but this Tuesday and Wednesday he did a super job of getting things done upstairs.
8. Meeko. He gets me out in all kinds of weather and is a loyal and faithful companion. He gives love unconditionally. He is comical and makes me smile even when things are chaotic.
9. For family, neighbors and friends, both online and in the real world. Friends are precious. Nuture your friendships and remember that a good friend is more precious than all the gold on earth.
10. That I have been truly blessed in many different ways. I often take a few moments to count those blessings. Others aren't as fortunate as I am and but for the grace of God go I.
What are you thankful for today? I would enjoy hearing how you have been blessed in the comments.
Have a great Thursday. Take a moment to do a kindness for someone. You never know what they are going through. ~Blessings, Mary~