Angela at The Life and Times of Gran has tagged me for a Seven Random Facts About Me meme.
So here goes:
1. I have written since grade school but was never published until 1989, when two of my stories was published in the anthology "Gifts of Our Fathers: Stories about Fathers and Grandfathers." Since then, my work has appeared in dozens of anthologies. I am also a web content writer.
2. I am the mother of a grown daughter and the grandmother of two grandsons. I am an aunt several times over and a great-aunt several times over.
3. I love family, nature, reading, writing, poetry and research. I learn something new everyday and often more than one thing. I believe this keeps my brain active and my memory keen.
4. I was raised on a farm. I can slop hogs, muck stalls, roof a house, change the oil in my car, change a tire, drive farm machinery, drive a truck and a wide variety of other things too numerous to mention.
5. I am a cervical cancer survivor.
6. When I was 12, I learned to play the accordian. My dream is to learn to play a piano and actually own one. I believe playing would be very therapeutic for me.
7. In December of this year, I will have been married to my husband for 19 years.
As far as tagging others, I will tag the following people, but only if they wish to participate.
Anni at Hootin' Anni's
Dawn at Call Me Grandma Dawn
Deborah at Corridors
Tina Coruth at Tina's Odds and Ends