I can't believe that Thursday is here already. For some reason I had it in my head that it was Wednesday. Maybe I'm just trying to stop time in its tracks so I can get everything done that I need to do.
Thankful Thursday is one of my favorite days of the week. Though I give thanks daily for blessings received, this is the day that I share them with you.
1. I am thankful for all my dear friends that I've met here. This week I've been especially blessed by Denise O., Denise W., Sharon, Michele, Grams and Kathy. Thank you, Ladies.
2. For my grandsons being back in school after one of them had a full week off and the other one three days. There's a flu bug going around up here.
3. For the snow that is falling outside my window. It's a fine snow that will probably not accumulate, but we do need snow to make the Earth fertile. I am not quite as thankful for the cold and wind.
4. For the tow truck driver who had to retrieve my husband's keys from the locked van. He knows my husband and only charged him a fraction of the usual price. No, hubby didn't lock the keys in, but he did leave the door open on that rented van when he was away from it and a stranger shut the door. I'm not sure that the man realized that when the door shuts, it automatically locks. Oh, the blessings of modern technology. However, it could have cost a lot more, so I'm very thankful that it happened the way it did.
5. For all things that Our Father provides. In this nation, we are truly blessed.
This week I would like to pay special tribute to the men and women from both the US and Canada who are stationed in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am thankful they are willing to take a stand to protect the world from terrorism. May God keep watch over them all.
If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, please visit Crystal at God is in Control and learn more about it.